In March 2022, BigCommerce officially announced the release of multi-Storefront. “This powerful new capability gives merchants the flexibility to grow their brand, segment, and geographic scope within the scalable context of a single account,” explains BigCommerce CEO Brent Bellm.
This groundbreaking feature allows retailers to manage several different eCommerce stores and complete the following tasks from a single dashboard:
- Create and manage multiple storefronts
- Build unique categories and make products available on one or more sites
- Manage and view customers and orders
- Track analytics and important data insights for each website
With Multi-Storefront, retailers juggling several eCommerce stores can easily customize each site to their target customer base with ease. BigCommerce utilizes a stencil framework that lets merchants mix and match headless or native front-end systems to best meet their customers’ needs.
Furthermore, each store can be individually adjusted and tailored from one intuitive dashboard. With just a few clicks, sellers can:
- Customize pages, scripts, social links, themes, and widgets
- Set or change the default currency
- Personalize customer emails and newsletters
- View and manage subscribers
- Create customized pricing rules based on specific customer segments
- Apply customized design templates
- Set unique product filtering options
- Connect a distinct domain and SSL certificate
After trying out Magento and Shopify, UK manufacturer Bullitt Group ultimately decided to go with BigCommerce to manage their 26 international storefronts. “The headless integration on Magento was difficult to manage,” explained Ryan Stapleton, Bullitt Group’s eCommerce director. As for Shopify, Stapleton said, “We were constantly having to duplicate products to change pricing, there were some issues with translations and languages, and there were inherent issues with the way Shopify interacted with our CMS.”
Bullitt Group has even considered building their own customized platform before trying BigCommerce due to past obstacles with managing multiple websites. Now, the UK-based retailer is flourishing. “We needed a system where we didn’t have to flip back and forth between multiple different instances to change things,” said Stapleton. “BigCommerce was that system.”
Bullitt Group — along with several other retailers — has experienced several benefits after upgrading to the multi-Storefront capability from BigCommerce. A few key highlights include:
- The ability to create store-specific offers and promotions
- Increased ROI through customer segmentation
- Faster expansion into international markets
- Deeper personalization for different markets
- The ability to efficiently manage several unique stores from one dashboard
- Eliminating repetitive or redundant tasks across multiple websites
- Reduced costs of operation
- Greater analytic details for each storefront
Even if you’re not planning to expand into cross-border commerce anytime soon, you may still find the multi-Storefront feature to be beneficial for your business. Here are a few other use cases where a multi-store platform might come in handy:
- Selling different brands. If you currently sell multiple brands on your main site, you could create new sites for your top-selling brands while still managing everything from a single dashboard. You can even set up your own unique domain name for each storefront!
- Selling B2B and B2C. If you sell to other businesses and to individual customers, you know how tricky it can be to effectively cater to all of their needs from a single site. With Multi-Storefront, you can develop specific storefronts for each customer segment and even customize pricing rules, product offerings, customer account options, and more.
- Selling in several locations. Even if you only sell in the US, there are countless opportunities to dial in on regional and local trends. Multi-Storefront allows you to set up unique storefronts for several regions across the country without having to juggle multiple accounts.
Ready to Get Started?
Wagento became a BigCommerce Elite Partner in June 2021 to help BigCommerce expand into the Latin American market. During this time, Wagento also benefited from the new opportunities and features that the BigCommerce platform provided. Now, Wagento is excited to help merchants just like you discover which eCommerce platform is best for your business.Wagento’s team of expert developers is well-versed in Magento, Shopify, Vtex, and BigCommerce, so you can rest assured that you’ll get the right customized solution for your needs. To get started on your new website build or upgrade plan, connect with a developer today!