BLUEFOOT MIGRATION TOOLS
Magento is excited to announce that we have released a new tool to help you migrate Bluefoot content into Magento Page Builder! Since our records indicate that you previously downloaded the BlueFoot content management tool, please read on to find out how you can utilize the tool to assist your organization in upgrading to the latest version of Magento Commerce (2.3.1).
The content migration module enables BlueFoot users with an out-of-the-box ability to migrate the content from their BlueFoot blocks to the new Page Builder content types. This helps create a smooth transition for merchants who are using BlueFoot with Magento to upgrade to Magento Commerce 2.3.1 with Page Builder 1.0.0 without the risk of losing their website content.
Some notes and recommendations before starting a migration with the new tool:
- The tool migrates content created with the core BlueFoot blocks without requiring customization.
- Please note that if you wish to migrate content created with custom BlueFoot blocks, however, you are required to either modify the migration tool or recreate the content manually in Page Builder.
- To migrate a high number of simple pages, we recommend using the migration tool.
- For key pages, like your home page, Magento recommends rebuilding those pages in Page Builder, rather than migration via the tool. Page Builder is much more powerful than BlueFoot and this is an opportunity to elevate the shopping experience on your site.
- Use the tool in a development environment before deploying it to the production environment.
- Create sufficient backups before completing any form of content migration.
Find more details in our Bluefoot Content Migration Developers Guide.
Wagento is committing to helping all in the Magento Community to be successful with their Magento stores. Please reach out for any help needed.