If your eCommerce store is still running on Magento 1, the life support for your site is coming to an end this summer. Magento and Adobe have announced that they will no longer be supporting Magento 1 sites after June 2020. Although you will still be able to use and access your M1 site after support ceases, your store will no longer receive security support, upgrades, and a number of other benefits that you could reap by migrating your website to Magento 2.
Is Migration Really Worth It?
Unless your M1 store is already experiencing some performance issues due to your growing business, you might assume that migrating your site to a new platform isn’t worth the hassle. After all, you have a business to run… and Magento 2 can’t be that different from its predecessor, right? Well, according to Net Solutions, there are a number of positive differences that Magento 2 users can expect after migrating, such as:
- Faster performance. One report states that Magento 2 sites run an average of 20% faster than Magento 1 stores.
- An improved Admin dashboard. If you found the M1 dashboard to be confusing, you’ll love the clean, user-friendly dashboard of Magento 2!
- Optimized checkout options. Magento 2 makes it easy to create quick one-page checkouts that are capable of accepting all kinds of popular payment options, such as PayPal and ApplePay, as well as debit and credit cards.
- Enhanced site security. Magento 2 takes security seriously with numerous ways to secure your store, including 2-factor authorization, dynamic backup plans, unique admin URLs, and more.
- A responsive, mobile-friendly interface. Mobile shopping is expected to gain more traction in the upcoming years, so Magento 2 has provided a number of tools for merchants to create responsive sites or PWAs to improve their customers’ experiences.
Merchants who migrate to Magento 2 will immediately experience an increase in their site loading times, which in turn will decrease the number of abandoned carts, improve sales, and boost mobile conversions. Online shoppers expect mobile-friendly websites, a wide range of payment options, fast loading speeds, and high-quality images. Magento 2 is well-equipped to make sure your site will continue to meet and exceed customer expectations.
How to Get Started
Wagento developers recognize that migrating platforms can be nerve-racking for many retailers, which could explain why so many have procrastinated moving to Magento 2 in the first place. They have made it a priority to help business owners successfully migrate their sites, and anyone can get started by downloading the eBook, “Your Fast-Track Migration Checklist.” Simply sign up with your email or contact a developer directly to ensure a smooth, stress-free migration!