Unlock the Power of Personalized Shopping with Adobe Commerce Product Recommendations Extension
Soumi BiswasMay 15, 2023
Personalization has become the buzzword in eCommerce, and it’s not without reason. In a highly competitive market, businesses need to offer their customers a unique shopping experience. According to recent studies, 75% of consumers feel frustrated when the website content is not personalized. This is where Adobe Commerce’s Product Recommendations Extension can be a game-changer. This powerful marketing tool can help businesses drive conversions, increase revenue, and engage customers.
In this blog, we’ll dive deeper into what Adobe Commerce’s Product Recommendations Extension is and how it can help your business provide a highly personalized shopping experience to your customers.
About Adobe Commerce’s Product Recommendations Extension
Adobe Commerce’s Product Recommendations Extension is powered by Adobe Sensei. Adobe Sensei is an artificial intelligence tool that performs a deep analysis of aggregated visitor data. By analyzing shopper behavior, Adobe Sensei processes the data using machine learning to produce meaningful recommendations that businesses can use to drive engagement and conversion.
How is it Going to Help?
As an Adobe Commerce store owner, you have the power to customize the shopping experience for your customers with product recommendations. These recommendations surfaced on the storefront as units with labels, such as “Customers who viewed this product also viewed.”
With Adobe Commerce, you can easily create, manage, and deploy these recommendations across all store views directly from the admin dashboard. Say goodbye to the hassle of manual tagging and welcome a streamlined workflow that can improve customer engagement and ultimately drive sales.
Importance of Product Recommendations
Product Recommendations can significantly improve customer satisfaction, retention, and loyalty. By leveraging the power of product recommendations, businesses can provide a personalized shopping experience that meets their customers’ needs and preferences. This results in a higher engagement rate and conversion rate, leading to increased revenue.
Furthermore, product recommendations are a vital part of eCommerce marketing. It can boost sales and increase customer engagement. With this tool, businesses can take charge of their marketing strategy and guide customers toward making informed purchasing decisions.
What Adobe Commerce Product Recommendations Extension allow?
With the extension, you get the ability to:
- Select from nine unique recommendation types based on shopper behavior, product attributes, popularity, trends, and similarity.
- Personalize recommendations using customer behavior data throughout their shopping journey.
- Analyze key metrics for each recommendation to understand its impact on your store’s performance.
Features of Adobe Commerce Product Recommendations Extension
As an Adobe Commerce website owner, implementing product recommendations extensions can provide a significant boost to your online store’s performance. Here’s how the features of a robust product recommendation engine can help website owners:
- With auto-deployed storefront page tagging and a streamlined workflow, website owners can save time by avoiding the need for manual tagging.
- Plus, managing the extension is easy, thanks to an embedded admin-based merchant experience.
- With auto-deployed catalog data sync, website owners can ensure that their product images, prices, and other information are always up to date, without requiring manual intervention.
- With the flexibility provided by the API, website owners can place the extension on any page.
- Also, there are five preconfigured page types to choose from, including Page Builder, to customize recommendation placement.
- Website owners can access a library of 13+ recommendation types powered by Adobe, including recommended for you, trending, customers also viewed, and customers also bought.
- Additionally, they can harness the power of visual AI (Artificial Intelligence) by adding the Visual Similarity recommendation type (optional module).
- Website owners can check the performance of their product recommendations by using dedicated reporting. This report provides clear metrics, such as views, clicks, and revenue.
- Additionally, flexible inclusion and exclusion filters allow website owners to fine-tune which products can or cannot be recommended.
- Website owners can use a dedicated dashboard to monitor and manage the catalog sync process. They can view active, inactive, and draft recommendations, as well as their creation and last updated dates.
- Website owners can deploy product recommendations on PWA or Headless storefronts, providing a seamless experience across various platforms.
- A SaaS-based cloud service manages all complex computation, helping preserve site performance.
Basically, implementing product recommendations provides significant benefits to website owners, from saving time to boosting revenue. Plus, providing personalized recommendations to customers increases the likelihood of a customer making a purchase. Thus, leading to increased revenue.
To begin using the extension, you will need to follow a specific onboarding process that involves accessing the command line of your server. If you are not familiar with this process, it is recommended to seek the assistance of a developer or system integrator to guide you through the necessary steps.
Website owners should ensure they met the following pre-requisites:
- Adobe Commerce 2.4.4+
- PHP 8.1, 8.2
- Composer 2
These requirements ensure optimal performance and compatibility with the product recommendation feature.
Ensure that your website is built on the following supported platforms:
- Adobe Commerce on premise (EE): 2.4.4+
- Adobe Commerce on Cloud (ECE): 2.4.4+
By meeting these requirements, you can optimize your online store and improve your customers’ shopping experience.
Page Builder support
And the good news is that the extension can be added to your website as a Page Builder content type. By adding Page Builder support to Product Recommendations, you can create visually appealing and effective product recommendations with ease.
SaaS price indexing
In addition, Product Recommendation customers can use SaaS price indexing, which provides faster price changes updates and synchronization time, resulting in a more efficient workflow.
If you run a B2B storefront, you know that product visibility and pricing vary based on customer groups. With Product Recommendations, you can honor category permissions, shared catalogs, and customer group-specific pricing. This means that each shopper will only see product recommendations for items they can access and at the correct customer group-specific price.
With these additional features, it can take your eCommerce business to the next level, providing a personalized shopping experience that your customers will appreciate.
If you require any help with integrating Product Recommendations extension into your Adobe Commerce store, feel free to contact the experts at Wagento. Our team of experienced developers is ready to help you at any time.
Product recommendation is a powerful tool that can help increase conversions, boost revenue, and stimulate shopper engagement. By using Adobe Commerce’s product recommendation feature, powered by Adobe Sensei, you can provide your customers with a personalized shopping experience that will keep them coming back for more.
With a variety of features and options available, the extension is easy to set up and manage directly from the Adobe Commerce Admin. Whether you have a B2C or B2B storefront, the use of product recommendations can help improve your site’s performance and drive sales.
Let's build something together!
Contact us today to get your project started and hear more about all the awesome things we can do for you!
Become the Next Success Story