The Must-Know Statistics for Content Marketing
Brent PetersonAugust 28, 2019
Marketing and promoting a product is totally different today, thanks to advancing technology which drives all promotional activities in neck-breaking speed. Today, the buzz word is content marketing. With more information at their fingertips, consumers are hankering for the right data that will help them choose the right products.
The world has seen the value of statistics in making a wise buying decision. Do you know the type of stats that will make buyers choose your product? Here are the key marketing statistics that you need to consider.
Content Marketing ROI Statistics
The internet has made modern consumers more informed than their counterparts of the past. More and more contents are available online which they can use to guide them in choosing the products that they need. Here are some statistics that prove content marketing is very important.
- Only about 21 percent of business to business sellers admitted that they are tracking their ROI in content marketing activities successfully.
- Approximately 80 percent of business owners prefer to read articles about a product than its advertisements before making their decision.
- About 27 million bits of content or information are shared every day.
- B2Bs that blog are able to produce 67 percent additional leads every month than their counterparts that don’t.
- About 70 percent of B2Bs are publishing more content than the previous year.
- Brand awareness is being cited by sellers as their number one goal in marketing.
- Content has been integrated by 4 out of 5 industry leaders in their promotional campaigns and as an integral brand messaging component.
- About 77 percent of business to customer sellers and around 86 percent of B2Bs say they use content marketing.
- Approximately 71 percent of B2B shoppers access online information.
- About 60 percent of marketing companies that use content in their selling strategies say they are more effective in moving their products, than the 32 percent of companies that use verbal communication only.
- SEO marketing is used by 58 percent of B2Bs to distribute and promote content.
- About 68 percent of consumers read the content of the brands they are intending to buy.
- Approximately 70 percent of buyers say that content marketing builds their faith in the company.
Stats on SEO and Content
Keeping up with the latest SEO strategies is very difficult because they are constantly changing. To help you build your career in SEO as well as your customer base, here are some current stats on SEO and content that you may want to consider.
- Google is being used more and more by consumers with about 63,000 searches being conducted every second, every day.
- An average company is expected to earmark 41 percent of its marketing budget for online promotions. By 2020, this percentage is expected to increase to 45 percent.
- Consumers in the U.S., Japan, and eight other countries are increasingly doing their Google searches on their mobile devices.
- The “near me” search term in Google has increased about two times from 2018 to 2019.
- 79 percent of searches made on desktops around the world are Google searches. A very far second is Bing with 7.27 percent, then Baidu with 6.55 percent and lastly Yahoo with 5.06 percent.
- About 30 percent of searches done on mobile devices are connected to a location.
- 25% of shoppers will make a purchase online while physically in a retail store
- Around 50 percent of search queries start with just four words.
- Approximately 72 percent of consumers who conducted local searches actually went to the stores within five miles.
- Google uses link building and high-quality content in ranking websites.
- Organic website traffic can be increased to a maximum of 111 percent by republishing and updating old blogs and articles with new images and content.
Marketing Statistics of Visual Content
Visual content is increasingly being used by more and more marketers because of its effectiveness in engaging the customers. Its importance is proven by the changes it effected in the most popular platforms such as Twitter, Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram and so forth. Do you want to keep in step with the times? Then use the following stats to rejuvenate your bottom line.
- Videos, with 63 percent share, have overtaken blogs (with 60 percent share), in social media marketing. As a backgrounder, about 80 percent of sellers are using visual content in social media marketing.
- About 62 percent of B2B sellers said that video is very effective in content marketing.
- The use of mobile devices for viewing videos has increased by almost 10 million in terms of minutes in daily viewing during the last two years.
- Studies in eye-tracking revealed that the attention of internet users is heightened when they are presented with images that contain information. They tend to look more at the image than read the text.
- About 32 percent of sellers admit that images are their most important content. Only about 27 percent of them said blogging is important in their career in SEO.
- About 50 percent of YouTube users of the 18 to 34 age bracket would readily switch to watching a fresh video and drop what they are previously doing.
- Most consumers retain about 65 percent of whatever information they were given if it is accompanied by a video. In comparison, they will only remember about 10 percent of the content after three days if the information is solely acquired by text.
- About 90 percent of videos on Twitter are played on mobile devices.
Marketing Stats on Mobile Content
Aside from Amazon statistics, you should also be concerned about the marketing stats on mobile content. There is a need for you to optimize your marketing strategies for mobile, if you have not yet done so. Here are some mobile content marketing stats that will surprise you.
- About 57 percent of mobile users say they don’t like a business with a mobile site that is designed shoddily.
- American adults will increasingly spend more time on non-voice mobile media. In 2018 the average individual has spent 3 hours and 23 minutes on his mobile device.
- About 80 percent of the time spent on social media is done using mobile devices.
- Approximately 68 percent of businesses have incorporated mobile marketing in their promotions.
- Around 70 percent of consumers dislike mobile ads. There is actually a 90 percent increase by consumers in mobile ad blocking every year.
Definitely, these are only some of the statistics available. There are still some more. But if you will arm yourself with these statistics as you formulate your content marketing program, you will not fail to realize some degree of success in your marketing efforts.
Let's build something together!
Contact us today to get your project started and hear more about all the awesome things we can do for you!
Become the Next Success Story